LouisianaShrimpers.com Cajun Shrimp Recipes
|Curried Corn And Shrimp Soup|
|1 lb Medium or Large Shrimp; peeled, deveined, and pre boiled||2 cups Chicken broth|
|2 Medium tart apples; peeled, cored, and chopped||1 Large onion, chopped|
|1/2 tsp Curry powder||1 Large red bell pepper, stemmed and seeded|
|4 cups Buttermilk||1/4 cup Lime juice|
|1 1/2 cups Cooked corn kernels||1/2 cup Minced fresh cilantro|
|1. In a 4 to 5 quart pan over high
heat combine broth, apples, onion, and curry. Cover and bring to a boil,
then simmer until apples mash easily (about 30 minutes). |
2. Let cool, then cover and chill until cold; 4 - 24 hours.
3. Puree mixture in a blender or food processor.
4. Cut a few thin slivers from bell pepper and set aside.
5. Dice remaining pepper and put into a tureen with apple puree, buttermilk, lime juice, 1 1/4 cups of corn, and minced cilantro.
6. Ladle soup into bowls and top with the pre boiled Shrimp, remaining corn, bell pepper strips, and cilantro sprigs.
|Yield = 4 Servings|
|Submitted By: LouisianaShrimpers.com|
|Recipe Index Home|